This security note is only relevant if you are using the NetWeaver Business Client for HTML. See for availability note 1368177.
1) The NetWeaver Business Client (NWBC) for HTML could be abused by a malicious user, who could modify displayed application content without authorization and potentially obtain authentication information from other legitimate users.
2) The NWBC for HTML can be used to aid in phishing attacks by allowing a malicious user to publish a URL purporting to be from the product, only to redirect the user to an URL of their own choosing. This can enable a malicious user to falsely gain the trust of a victim to elicit private data from that user, such as authentication information.
3) A malicious user can trigger functionality within the NetWeaver Business Client without authentication and authorization.
Available fix and Supported packages
- SAP_BASIS | 700 | 702
- SAP_BASIS | 711 | 730
- SAP_BASIS 702 | SAPKB70205 |
- SAP_BASIS 720 | SAPKB72004 |
- SAP_BASIS 700 | SAPKB70023 |
- SAP_BASIS 701 | SAPKB70108 |
- SAP_BASIS 730 | SAPKB73001 |
- SAP_BASIS 702 | SAPKB70206 |
- SAP_BASIS 730 | SAPKB73002 |
- SAP_BASIS 711 | SAPKB71107 |
Please use BC-FES*
Detailed vulnerability information added to RedRays Security Platform. Contact [email protected] for details.