This SAP security note addresses multiple vulnerabilities identified in SAP Solution Manager 7.2 (User Experience Monitoring). The vulnerability details along with their CVE relevant information can be found below
An authenticated non-administrative user of SAP Solution Manager 7.2 (User Experience Monitoring) can deploy a malicious script which can exploit an existing path traversal vulnerability to fully compromise confidentiality exposing elements of the file system and partially compromise availability by making certain services unavailable
- CVSS Score: 8.5; CVSS:3.0/AV:N/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:C/C:H/I:N/A:L
2.Missing Authorization check
SAP Solution Manager 7.2 (User Experience Monitoring) does not perform necessary authorization checks for an authenticated user. Due to inadequate access control, a network attacker authenticated as a regular user can use operations which should be restricted to administrators. These operations can be used to deploy a malicious User Experience Monitoring script.
- CVSS Score: 7.6; CVSS:3.0/AV:N/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:L/A:L
These issues are relevant for all the customers using SAP Solution Manager 7.2 with LM-SERVICE 7.20 deployment.
Available fix and Supported packages
- LM-SERVICE | 7.20 | 7.20
- SOLMANDIAG 720 | SP003 | 000008
- SOLMANDIAG 720 | SP004 | 000017
- SOLMANDIAG 720 | SP005 | 000019
- SOLMANDIAG 720 | SP006 | 000019
- SOLMANDIAG 720 | SP007 | 000026
- SOLMANDIAG 720 | SP008 | 000024
- SOLMANDIAG 720 | SP009 | 000018
- SOLMANDIAG 720 | SP010 | 000009
- SOLMANDIAG 720 | SP011 | 000005
End User Experience Monitoring
Detailed vulnerability information added to RedRays Security Platform. Contact [email protected] for details.